Call for papers
Ryazan State University
Chair of Foreign Languages, Department of History and International Relations
on 21-22 May 2012
hold the 7th Annual International Conference
Language and Communication through Culture
The conference is dedicated to problems of Germanic
and Romance languages, general linguistics, discourse
linguistics, language pragmatics, cognitive linguistics, language
style/register, translation theory, methodology of teaching foreign
languages/ESL, general pedagogy, cross-cultural communication and
The official languages of the conference are Russian and English. Papers are accepted and published in the conference proceedings in either of these languages.
We welcome you to the conference. We can also invite
you on the "publish or perish" principle. We are all of us students and
professors and cannot find much time for long trips, so we see it as
our aim to provide you with a possibility to publish. We'll send you
your paper copy of the proceedings volume after the conference. At
publication and postage is free of charge. The sooner we receive your
application form and the paper, the better, - we cannot accomodate an
unlimited number of papers.
• Application form;
• Paper/ thesis/ article on one of the aforementioned problems
• A short summary (100-150 words) in English
• A list of key words (3-10)
Deadline for submitting your papers is April 15, 2012.
1. Your paper must not be previously published
2. Submit your paper in an e-form via Internet (email@example.com)
3. The article must be a *doc or *.rtf file for Windows
4. Page is A4 size, portrait orientation
5. A standard page is 1800 characters
6. Reference list, if there is, is in the alphabetic order. The list is at the end of the paper. Form of the endnote: [9. P. 180-182], "9" - number of the referred source from the reference list, "P" - capital for “page”, "180-182" - the quoted pages from the source.
7. The full paper must not exceed 15 pages.
Use as few emphatic formatting (such as bold,
italics, underline) as possible, avoid unnecessary tables, diagrams and
pictures. Do not use any indents for the first line of each paragraph;
subheadings within chapters are also to be avoided. Do not number your
pages. Use only endnotes, not footnotes.
Besides the plennary meeting, there will be four sections this year:
- Issues of Translation and Interpreting: Theory and Practice. Modern Paradigms.
- Pedagogy and ESL Issues
- Cross-cultural Communication
Gognitive and Traditional Research of Discourse
submit your application form and paper contact Sergey Lobanov, Ph.D., Editor-in-chief at firstname.lastname@example.org (only for paper and application submission, NOT for invitation and VISA questions)
further information contact Svetlana Bulayeva, Ph.D., Project Manager at email@example.com and at
(work) 8-4912-280-445 or (mobile/cell) 8-906-541-44-48 (invitations questions)